Mobilisation for social street work
Following the success of the two previous Forums in 2002 and 2010, social street workers of Dynamo International Street Workers Network have decided to gather around in Brussels from the 18th to the 22th of October 2021 as part of the 3rd Social Street Workers International Forum, “Words from the Street”.
Places and venues where the Forum will take place are not chosen by chance
Places and venues are not chosen by chance, as they are located on the Commune of Molenbeek. The idea is to mobilise field actors and the many citizen’s initiatives that act in these places in resistance to the effects of social decay, stigmatization and policies of erasure of the visible dimensions of social, economic and cultural suffering.
Objective of the meeting :
- increase the effectiveness and quality of practices through training, the exchange of practices and the creation of teaching tools,
- generate international mobilization in order to build structural and sustainable responses to the problems experienced by the public in the streets around the world,
- enable field actors to speak out, to challenge political authorities and other bodies in the fight against exclusions and inequalities accentuated by globalization,
- promote and professionalise street social work.
Who will be taking part in the forum?
We expect 800 to 1,000 participants throughout the week:
- social street workers in general from more than 50 countries,
- persons who experience or have experienced street situations, in particular young people
- the actors and social organizations with which we are in daily contact: accommodation center, assisted injection centers, centers for migrants, centers for homeless people, etc.
- Civil society organisations fighting for a fairer and more equal world.
- Sectors connected to our work: education, healthcare, legal profession.
- Political representatives
1000 PARTICIPANTS FROM 5 CONTINENTS
“We are determined that the event will be as participatory, creative and festive as possible especially since it coincides with the 35th birthday of Street Work in Belgium.”